Theo Ballou White. (1902-1978). “Jefferson’s Capitol.” From Richmond: Twelve Lithographs of the City on the James.
Richmond: Garrett and Massie, Inc., 1934. 8 x 12. Lithograph. Signed and titled in the image. Edition: 450. Very good condition.
Theo Ballou White (1902-1978) was a Philadelphia architect and printmaker who worked with lithography in the 1930s and 1940s, using the old stone method. White was prominent among those artists who participated in the growth of the new Philadelphia Museum of Art and the famous Print Club. He was an outstanding architect and was invested as a fellow in the American Institute of Architects in 1966. This print shows the artist-architect at his best in depicting one of the architectural icons of his home city.
Also by Theo White:
Waterfall & Pool, Reed's Creek, WV
Valentine House (drawing)
The Old Court House, WIllilamsburg
Duke of Gloucester Street, Williamsburg
George Wythe's house, WIlliamsburg
[Little Chapel in the Woods VA]
St. Luke's or Old Brick Church, Isle of Wight
Bruton Church, WIlliamsburg (churches series)
[A magnolia tree, a wall and a gate]
[A magnolia tree, a wall and a gate] Title page