Unattributed. "Philco Quality."
Production Illustration. Industrial Engineering Dept. Most likely published in-house by Philco between 1941-1945. 22 x 17 on poster board as issued. Silk screen with some color and tape overlay.
Philco Philadelphia Storage Battery Company was a pioneer in early battery, radio and television production. The company began in 1906 making batteries for electric vehicles and ventured into the radio business for home and automobiles. After the war Ford bought the company to make car radios and many other products. During World War II Philco manufactured radios and munitions for the military and helped develop radar and the proximity fuse for artillery shells. These posters were probably posted in the factories to foster morale and to remind and to stress to employees the importance of maintaining the quality of their products.