Barclay Brothers. "Members of the New York Yacht Club 1905-6".
New York: Barclay Brothers, 1906. 22 ¼ x 33 ½ (image). Photogravure. Print mounted to backing board but stable. Old mat burn in margins along with several scratches and scrapes in image. Small water stain in middle of image. Else, fine condition. Scarce.
This photogravure commemorates the NYYC membership in the year of 1905-6. J. Pierpont Morgan donated a tract of land to the club in 1898 where the current NYYC club house now stands on West 44th Street. This club house opened to the membership in 1901 and by 1905 the membership had swelled to over 2000 members. In the background is the first club house at Elysian Fields in Hoboken, New JerseyMembers who are obviously depicted are: J. Pierpont Morgan, Commodore Frederick G. Bourne, Vice Commodore Henry Walters, Rear Commodore Cornelius Vanderbilt, Commodore E.D. Morgan and many other prominent figures in New York business and society.